M.A. Chizh – Post-graduate Student, Junior Research Scientist, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
V.A. Korotkov – Research Scientist, Fryazino branch of Kotel'nikov IRE of RAS
A.V. Zhuravlev – Ph.D.(Phys.-Math.), Leading Research Scientist, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
V.V. Razevig – Ph.D.(Eng.), Senior Research Scientist, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
The problem of theoretical estimation of transverse and longitudinal resolutions of a holographic radar system is considered in the article. To register the microwave holograms of the probed objects, the inverse synthetic aperture principle is applied, the microwave images of the objects are obtained by the back propagation method using multi-frequency measurements.
Requirements for the choice of spatial and frequency steps are formulated, their compliance provides the reconstruction of the objects microwave images from the obtained experimental or model data without distortion. Formulas for estimating the transverse resolution are given as well as for estimating the longitudinal resolution. Experimental results of measuring the transverse and longitudinal resolutions of a holographic radar with an operating frequency range of 22.6 to 26.4 GHz are presented. The experimental results analysis revealed the measurement conditions affecting the reconstructed microwave images resolution, on the basis of which an algorithm for calculating the resolution is proposed. The proposed algorithm was implemented as a program in the Python programming language, which allows: 1) calculating the transverse and longitudinal resolution for the given experimental conditions; 2) calculating the necessary experimental parameters that provide the desired resolution. A comparison of the theoretical resolution estimations calculated with the help of the developed program and experimental estimations made by an operator is given.
- Sheen D.M., McMakin D.L., Hall T.E. Three-dimensional millimeter-wave imaging for concealed weapon detection // IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2001. V. 49. № 9. P. 1581−1592.
- Razevig V.V., Bugaev A.S., Ivashov S.I., Vasil'ev I.A., Zhuravlev A.V. Vliyanie shiriny' polosy' chastot na kachestvo vosstanovleniya podpoverxnostny'x radiogologramm // Uspexi sovremennoj radioe'lektroniki. 2012. № 3. S. 3−13.
- Chizh M.A. Ispol'zovanie razrezhenny'x vy'borok v podpoverxnostnoj golograficheskoj radiolokaczii // Radiotexnika. 2016. № 5. S. 134−141.
- Sajt Laboratorii distanczionnogo zondirovaniya. URL = http://www.rslab.ru/russian/ (data obrashheniya 20.12.2017).
- Andrey Zhuravlev, Vladimir Razevig, Margarita Chizh, Maxim Filippov, Sergey Ivashov. Inspection of Foam Insulation by Holographic Subsurface Radar // Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems (COMCAS 2017). Tel-Aviv (Israel). 13−15 November 2017. P. 1−6.