A.R. Ilchuk – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Deputy Director for Research, JSC «RPC «Istok» named after Shokin (Fryazino)
Yu.D. Kargashin – Ph.D.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Head of Department, JSC «RPC «Istok» named after Shokin (Fryazino)
N.A. Solovyov – Leading Engineer, JSC «RPC «Istok» named after Shokin (Fryazino)
The increasing value of the UAV in the modern world every year contributes to the ongoing work on their improvement. New tasks, improvement of tactical and technical characteristics of UAV, including the reduction of their size, complicates the task of their detection. In this connection, the detection of small-sized unmanned aerial vehicles (MBA) is a priority when creating systems to counter UAVs.
The fight against MBLA is a complex of measures for their detection, recognition, aiming, capture and defeat. Due to the low visibility of MBLA, the task of detecting and recognizing a target is the most difficult and important.
These circumstances require solving the problem of estimating the characteristics of radar signals reflected from an MBLA to determine the requirements for prospective radars to detect and classify them.
The article presents the results of the analysis of radar signals reflected from a real air target of the type of MBLA obtained during experimental studies. The scheme of the experimental setup and the results of the analysis of the reflected signals using different types of probing signals of the centimeter wave band are presented.
Analysis of radar signals showed that it is possible to detect the specified type of target at a radial velocity of its flight of more than 1.3 m/s. At lower target speeds, detection occurs against a background of reflections from the ground, which requires the use of processing algorithms to reduce the effect of passive interference.
It is possible to solve the problem of recognizing and classifying an MBLA-type air target with class accuracy («UAV–BIRD») based on the analysis of secondary modulation signs in the reflected radar signal.
The obtained calculated values of EPO targets allows to evaluate the qualitative and quantitative indicators of the detection algorithms of radar systems.
- Buzhinskij E. Prioritety’ razvitiya bespilotnikov: ot voennogo dela k e’konomike // Indeks bezopasnosti. 2014. T. 19. № 3(106).
- Kompleksy’ s bespilotny’mi letatel’ny’mi apparatami. Kn. 1. Princzipy’ i osobennosti primeneniya kompleksov s BLA / Pod red. V.S. Verby’, B.G. Tatarskogo. M.: Radiotexnika. 2016.
- Schroder A., Renker M., Aulenbacher U. and other Numerical and Experimental Radar Cross-Section Analysis of the Quadrocopter DJI Phantom 2 // 2015 IEEE Radar Conference.
- Sokolov A., Os’kin N. Kapkan dlya drona // Voenno-promy’shlenny’j kur’er. 2018. № 44(757).
- Dudnik P.I., Kondratenkov G.S., Tatarskoij B.G., Il’chuk A.R., Gerasimov A.A. Aviaczionny’e radiolokaczionny’e kompleksy’ i sistemy’ / Pod red. P.I. Dudnika. Izdanie VVIA im. professora N.E. Zhukovskogo. 2006.
- Denisenko A.N., Steczenko O.A. Teoreticheskaya radiotexnika: Spravochnoe posobie. Ch. 1: Determinirovanny’e signaly’ (metody’ analiza). M.: Izdatel’stvo standartov. 1993. 215 s.
- Obnaruzhenie i raspoznavanie ob’‘ektov radiolokaczii. Kollektivnaya monografiya / Pod red. A.V. Sokolova. M.: Radiotexnika. 2006. 176 s.