L.K. Samoilov – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Department «Information Measuring Technologies and Systems», Institute of Nanotechnologies, Electronics and Equipment Engineering of AET SFedU (Taganrog)
D.Yu. Denisenko – Post-graduate Student, Department «Information Systems and Radio Engineering», Don State Technical University (Rostov-on-Don)
N.N. Prokopenko – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Head of Department «Information Systems and Radio Engineering», Don State Technical University (Rostov-on-Don)
An assessment of the main dynamic error components (DE) of inputting analog sensor signals of physical quantities using standard modules in a typical A/D automatic monitoring and control system (AMCS) is given. At the same time, the aliasing errors and information delay are taken into account in the main functional nodes providing the information input into the AMCS. In many cases, the DEs exceed the remaining errors of the AMCS, incl. static errors of inputting analog information, by times, and sometimes by tens and hundreds of times. As a result, when designing the AMCS at the level of partial solutions, it is necessary to return periodically to solving the error distribution problem, regarding the DEs. This will really ensure the declared error of the AMCS.
The main dynamic error components (DE) of inputting analog sensor signals of physical quantities using standard modules in a typical A/D automatic monitoring and control system (AMCS) are considered. At the same time, the DEs are estimated due to the processes of aliasing arising from the time sampling of signals, as well as due to the information delays in the sensor signal unitizing converter; in the analog anti-aliasing filter; in the amplitude multiplexer. The delays in executing protocols for exchanging the most popular interfaces can be assessed in tens of microseconds. This gives a significant amount of DEs, which can additionally increase many times with the implementation of an interrogation program for all AMCS sensors.
It is shown that the dynamic errors play an essential role in the operation of monitoring and control systems. The accurate AMCS cannot be fast-acting and vice versa. A compromise is necessary. In many cases, the DEs significantly exceed the others, including static errors of inputting analog information. When designing the AMCS at the level of partial solutions, we should periodically return to solving the error distribution problem regarding the PEs, which will really ensure the announced error of the designed system.
- Park Dzh., Makkei S. Sbor dannykh v sistemakh kontrolya i upravleniya. Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo. M.: OOO «Gruppa IDT». 2006. 504 s.
- Samoilov L.K. Klassicheskii metod ucheta vliyaniya vremennykh zaderzhek signalov v ustroistvakh sistem upravleniya. Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki. 2016. № 4. S. 40−49.
- Samoilov L.K. Obobshchennoe neravenstvo Bernshteina dlya signalov s protyazhennym spektrom. Vestnik Ryazanskogo gosudarstvennogo radiotekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2012. № 3 (Vyp. 41).
- Samoilov L.K. Vvod-vyvod analogovykh signalov v sistemakh upravleniya i kontrolya. Taganrog: Izd-vo YuFU. 2015. 264 s.
- Garri Lem. Analogovye i tsifrovye filtry. M.: Mir. 1982. 260 s.
- Internet sait http://filter-solutions.com.
- Samoylov L.K., Denisenko D.Yu., Prokopenko N.N. The Function Approximation of the Signal Delay Time in the Anti-Alias Filter of the A/D Interface of the Instrumentation and Control System. IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Photonics (EExPolytech-2018). 22−23.10.2018. Saint Petersburg (Russia).
- Samoylov L.K., Prokopenko N.N., Bugakova A.V. Selection of the Band-Pass Range of the Normalizing Signal Transducer of the Sensing Element in the Instrumentation and Control Systems. 14th IEEE International Conference on Solid-State and Integrated Circuit Technology. ICSICT – 2018. 31 October – 3 November 2018. Qingdao (China).
- Samoylov L.K. and Kirakosyan S.A. The aliasing errors at sampling signals of sensors with unlimited spectrum. International Conference on Actual Problems of Electron Devices Engineering (APEDE). Saratov. 2016. P. 1−6. DOI: 10.1109/APEDE.2016.7879003.
- Samoylov L.K., Prokopenko N.N., Bugakova A.V. Estimation to Efficiency of the Using of Anti-Alias Filter in the A/D Interface of Instrumentation and Control Systems. Proceedings of IEEE East-West Design & Test Symposium (EWDTS’2018). Kazan (Russia). 14−17 September 2018. P. 422−425.
- Aichifer Emmanuil S., Dzhervis Barri U. Tsifrovaya obrabotka signalov: prakticheskii podkhod. Izd. 2-e. Per. s angl. M.: Izdatelskii dom «Vilyams». 2004. 992 s.
- Samoilov L.K. Dinamicheskie pogreshnosti analogovykh multipleksorov. Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki. 2011. № 2. S. 118−122.