M.A. Romashchenko – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Department Radio Equipment Engineering and Manufacturing, Voronezh State Technical University
S.N. Panychev – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Leading Research Scientist, CSID JSC «STC of REW» (Voronezh)
O.N. Chirkov – Senior Lecturer, Department Radio Equipment Engineering and Manufacturing, Voronezh State Technical University
The article discusses the joint assessment of a radio channel and frequency offset in time-independent frequency selective channels. The technique takes into account multipath propagation of signals. Two methods of joint assessments have been proposed, the first of which is based on the Bayesian approach, which can provide high accuracy with certain preliminary statistical knowledge of the communication channel. The second method is based on the most plausible algorithm, with somewhat lower accuracy than the Bayesian estimate, but the method can work in the absence of additional statistical knowledge of the channel.
To improve the characteristics of multipath propagation channel estimation and the quality of signal detection, a technique for joint channel estimation and frequency offset has been proposed. Studied two joint assessments. For practical implementation, both estimates use two stages to search for a periodogram peak – power spectral density (PSD). The first is a coarse FFT-based search – calculating the square of the Fourier transform module of a data sequence using statistical averaging. The second is an exact dichotomous search. The proposed estimates are superior to the correlation-based discrimination algorithms and have a wide frequency range. The simulation results demonstrated the high accuracy of the proposed estimates with an error close to the reference Kramer-Rao boundary in a wide SNR range.
- Rappaport T.S. Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice. Prentice Hall PTR. Upper Saddle River. New Jersey Edition 2nd. 2002.
- Proakis J.G. Digital Communications. McGraw-Hill. International Editions. Edition 3rd. 1995.
- Kay S.M. Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory. Vol. I. Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. 1993.
- Baronkin V.M., Zakharov Y.V., Tozer T.C. Frequency estimation in slowly fading multipath channels. IEEE Trans. Commun. November 2002. V. 50. № 11. P. 1848−1859.
- Baronkin V.M., Zakharov Y.V., Tozer T.C. Maximum li kelihood single tone frequency estimation in a multipath channel. IEE Proc.Commun. December 2001. V. 148. № 6. P. 400−404.
- Zakharov Y.V., Tozer T.C. Frequency estimator with dichotomous search of periodogram peak. Electron. Lett. September 1999. V. 35. № 19. P. 1608−1609.
- Chirkov O.N., Sviridova I.V., Bobylkin I.S. Optimizatsiya otsenki mnogoluchevogo kanala radiosvyazi s OFDM. Trudy Mezhdunar. simpoziuma nadezhnost i kachestvo. Penzenskii gosudarstvennyi universitet. 2018. T. 2. S. 131−133.
- Chirkov O.N. Povyshenie pomekhoustoichivosti vysokoskorostnoi besprovodnoi sistemy obmena informatsii WI-FI. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2011. T. 7. № 3. S. 66−67.
- Chirkov O.N., Muratov A.V. Poluchenie OFDM signalov dlya vysokoskorostnykh setei WiMax. Trudy Mezhdunar. simpoziuma nadezhnost i kachestvo. Penzenskii gosudarstvennyi universitet. 2012. T. 1. S. 364.
- Chirkov O.N. Pryamoe formirovanie OFDM signalov. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. 2012. T. 8. № 5. S. 54−56.