V.B. Baiburin – Honored Scientist of RF, Dr.Sc.(Phys.-Math.), Professor, Head of Department «Information Security of Automated Systems», Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov
A.S. Rozov – Ph.D.(Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Department «Information Security of Automated Systems», Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov
N. Yu. Khorovodova – Ph.D.(Phys.-Math.), Associate Professor, Department «Information Security of Automated Systems», Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov
S.L. Chernyshev – Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Department «Radio Electronic Systems and Devices», Bauman Moscow State Technical University
The well-known monograph «High-Power Electronics» by P.L. Kapitza analyzes the behavior of the Larmor orbit of a charged particle in a high-frequency (HF) field and in the absence of a static electric field. The importance of this task for understanding processes in systems with crossed electric and magnetic fields is noted. The paper considers the Larmor orbit of a charged particle in an alternating high-frequency field under the influence of constant magnetic induction and non-stationary magnetic induction and in the absence of a static electric field. The effect of the frequencies of the alternating electric field and the cyclotron frequency on the character of the trajectory of a charged particle and its energy exchange with the high-frequency field is shown, which makes it possible to say the possibility of high-frequency generation. However, the issue of frequency multiplication is solved only for low-power pulse systems. this article is devoted to a comprehensive study of the influence of various factors on parametric generation in large crossed fields. This work is distinguished by the fact that the authors prove the possibility of parametric generation of high-frequency oscillations of the millimeter range in crossed fields without supplying the interaction space of a static electric potential, taking into account the maximum number of factors and possible losses. The system of two coaxial cylinders, nested into each other with a variable in time and a space-inhomogeneous magnetic induction, was considered. The meaning of the calculation is as follows. The authors gradually introduce into consideration various factors complicating the simulation model: vortex fields, magnetic field space inhomogeneity, and electronic bombardment of the anode. Further, the output characteristics of generation of such induced high-frequency power, efficiency and a number of others are calculated. As a result, based on all calculations, it was concluded that parametric generation of high-frequency millimeter-wave oscillations in crossed fields is possible, while possible losses to the skin effect and others do not have a significant effect on generation process.
- Rozov A.S., Baiburin V.B. Generation in crossed fields under parametric variation in the magnetic field. J. of Communications Technology and Electronics (USA: Pleiades Publishing Ltd). 2016. V. 61. № 3. P. 267−271. DOI: 10.1134/S1064226916030025.
- Baiburin V.B., Kutsko P.P., Meshchanov V.P. i dr. Uchet vikhrevykh elektricheskikh polei pri parametricheskoi generatsii v skreshchennykh polyakh. Elektromagnitnye volny i elektronnye sistemy. 2015. T. 20. № 2. S. 77−80. (in Russian)
- Baiburin V.B., Meshchanov V.P., Rozov A.S. Vliyanie polei prostranstvennogo zaryada na parametricheskuyu generatsiyu v skreshchennykh polyakh. Radiotekhnika. 2017. № 7. S. 95−97. (in Russian)
- Baiburin V.B., Rozov A.S., Bespalova N.V. Influence of inhomogeneous magnetic field on parametric generation in crossed fields. IEEE International conference of actual problems of electron device engineering (APEDE`2018). 27−28 September 2018. Saratov. 2018. V. 1. P. 90−94. DOI: 10.1109/APEDE.2018.8542188.
- Baiburin V.B., Rozov A.S., Terentev A.A. Otsenka KPD pri parametricheskoi generatsii v skreshchennykh polyakh. Radiotekhnika. 2015. № 7. S. 45−47. (in Russian)
- Baiburin V.B., Rozov A.S., Khorovodova N.Yu. Power losses in skin layer at parametric generation in crossed fields. IEEE International conference of actual problems of electron device engineering (APEDE-2018). 27−28 September 2018. Saratov. 2018. V. 1. P. 86−90. DOI: 10.1109/APEDE.2018.8542369.
- Baiburin V.B. Analiticheskaya model magnetrona. Radiotekhnika i elektronika. 1983. № 2. S. 318−324. (in Russian)