V.V. Alexeyev – Ph.D.(Eng.), First Deputy Director, Mytishchinsky SPI Radio-Measuring Instruments (Mytischi)
V.P. Meschanov – Honored Scientist of RF, Dr.Sc.(Eng.), Professor, Director of NIKA-Microwave, Ltd (Saratov)
K.A. Sayapin – Engineer, NIKA-Microwave, Ltd (Saratov)
V.V. Semenchuk – Head of Department, Mytishchinsky SPI Radio-Measuring Instruments (Mytischi)
D.N. Sherstyukov – Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (Moskow)
Broadband fixed phase shifters are integral components of phased antenna arrays, transceiver modules and instrumentation equipment. Expanding their working frequency band and moving up the scale of frequencies are among the main problems of modern microwave technology. In this work, a study was made of fixed phase shifters, the electrical circuit of the phase-shifting channel of which is formed by a single stepped transmission line with a parallel short-circuited stub in the form of a three-step line, and the reference channel is made in the form of a single homogeneous transmission line. Two types of solutions of the parametric synthesis problem are obtained for the three-stage structure of the phase-shifting channel in the T wave approximation, which are distinguished by the laws of variation of the values of wave resistances and electrical lengths of the transmission line segments. Synthesis problem solutions obtained in the T wave approximation for values of the nominal phase shift φ0 = 22.5°; 45°; 90°; 135° and overlapping of the working frequency range ϰ = 1.5; 2; 3, can be used in the development of devices for phase-shifting radio signals based on transmission lines of various types. A comparison of the proposed structures of phase shifters for φ0 = 45°, ϰ = 2 with known analogues, showing the advantages of the former in overall dimensions, is carried out. In this case, the deviation from the nominal value of the phase shift for the proposed structures is not more than 0.6°, and the value of the standing wave ratio in voltage does not exceed 1,06.
- Meshchanov V.P., Tupikin V.D., Chernyshev S.L. Koaksialnye passivnye ustroistva. Pod obshch. red. V.P. Meshchanova. Saratov: Izd vo Saratovskogo un ta. 1993. (in Russian)
- Schiffman B.M. A new class of broad-band microwave 90-degree phase shifters. IRE Trans. 1958. V. MTT-6. № 4. P. 232−237.
- Wilds R.B. Try λ/8 stubs for fast fixed phase shifts. Microwave & RF. 1979. V. 6. № 12. P. 67−68.
- Alekseev A.N., Aristarkhov G.M. Shirokopolosnye differentsialnye fazovrashchateli SVCh na osnove odinochnykh linii peredachi. Radiotekhnika i elektronika. 1988. T. 33. № 1. S. 63−69. (in Russian)
- Gubin D.S., Krenitskii A.P., Meshchanov V.P., Shikova L.V. Sintez fazovrashchatelei na osnove stupenchatoi odinochnoi linii peredachi klassa II so shleifom. Radiotekhnika i elektronika. 2004. T. 49. № 7. S. 801−805. (in Russian)
- Gubin D.S., Krenitskii A.P., Meshchanov V.P., Shikova L.V. Sintez fazovrashchatelei na osnove stupenchatoi odinochnoi linii peredachi so shleifom. Radiotekhnika i elektronika. 2010. T. 55. № 2. S. 162−167. (in Russian)
- Bazlov N.N., Meshchanov V.P., Shikova L.V. Sverkhshirokopolosnye fazovrashchateli na osnove plavnoi neodnorodnoi odinochnoi linii peredachi. Antenny. 2011. № 1. S. 37−43. (in Russian)
- Jian-Xiao Wang, Lin Yang, Yue Liu, Yi Wang, Shu-Xi Gong. Design of a Wideband Differential Phase Shifter with the Application of Genetic Algorithm. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2014. V. 48. P. 45−49. DOI: 10.2528/PIERL14051503.
- Mattei G.L., Yang L., Dzhons E.M.T. Filtry SVCh, soglasuyushchie tsepi i tsepi svyazi. V 2 kh tomakh. M.: Svyaz. 1972. (in Russian)