I.S. Chernomaz – Post-graduate Student, Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, A.I. Evdokimov Moscow State Medical and Dental University Ministry of Health of Russia
I.V. Babkina – Dr. Sc. (Med.), Professor, Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, A.I. Evdokimov Moscow State Medical and Dental University Ministry of Health of Russia
I.N. Kuznetsov – Ph. D. (Biol.), Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, A.I.Evdokimov Moscow State Medical and Dental University Ministry of Health of Russia
I.N. Boulytcheva – Dr. Sc. (Med.), Pathologist, N.N. Blokhin National Medical Research Center of Oncology Ministry of Health of Russia
M.D. Aliev – Dr. Sc. (Med.), Professor, Academician of RAS, N.N. Blokhin National Medical Research Center of Oncology Ministry of Health of Russia
Numerous studies have proved the participation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs) in the pathogenesis of diseases of various etiologies, including in tumor transformation, as well as in the processes of invasion and metastasis.
Aim of the study – The study of the content of tissue inhibitors of MMPs TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 type in the most accessible biological material – the blood serum of patients with primary malignant and borderline neoplasm of bones and practically healthy people of the corresponding age to identify a possible relationship with the morphological tumor's structure and the prognosis of the disease.
128 patients with bones tumors (69 men and 59 women) and 42 practically healthy donors of the corresponding age were examined. The diagnosis of all patients, t was established for the first time and confirmed by histological examination of the tumor. Malignant bones tumors were diagnosed in 108 (84%), borderline bones tumors – in 20 (16%) patients. The studies were performed by an enzyme immunoassay TIMP-1, 2 in the blood serum of patients before the start of a specific treatment with the help of ready-made reagent kits of the firm «R & D» (USA).
In patients with malignant and borderline bones tumors, significantly higher concentrations of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 were found in the blood serum than in the control, independent of the stage of the disease, degree of differentiation. According to the multivariate analysis, the threshold levels of TIMP-1 greater than 343 ng / ml and TIMP-2 greater than 120 ng / ml can be considered as significant and independent factors predicting the overall survival of patients with bony sarcomas.
- Rogova L.N., SHesternina N.V., Zamechnik T.V., Fastova I.A. Matriksnye metalloproteinazy, ih rol' v fiziologiche-skih i patologicheskih processah // Vestnik novyh medicinskih tekhnologij. 2011. № 2. S. 86–89.
- Markelova E.V., Zdor V.V., Romanchuk A.L., Birko O.N. Matriksnye metalloproteinazy: ih vzaimosvyaz' s sistemoj cito-kinov, diagnosticheskij i prognosticheskij potencial // Immunologiya, allergologiya, infektologiya. 2016. № 2. S. 11–22.
- Gershtejn E.S., Kushlinskij N.E. Klinicheskie perspektivy issledovaniya associirovannyh s opuhol'yu proteaz i ih tka-nevyh ingibitorov u onko-logicheskih bol'nyh // Vestnik Rossijskoj akademii medicinskih nauk. 2013. № 5. S. 16–27.
- Gershtejn E.S., Kushlinskij D.N., Adamyan L.V., Tereshkina I.V., Laktionov K.P. Matriksnye metalloproteinazy i ih tkanevye ingibitory v klinich-eskom techenii i prognoze raka yaichnikov // Molekulyarnaya medicina. 2013. № 6. S. 11–20.
- Gershtejn E.S., Kushlinskij N.E. Matriksnye metalloproteinazy i komponenty sistemy aktivacii plazminogena v pato-geneze i klinicheskom techenii raka tolstoj kishki // Patogenez. 2013. № 3. S. 4–12.
- Wang Y., Kong D. LncRNA GAS5 Represses Osteosarcoma Cells Growth and Metastasis via Sponging MiR-203a // Cell Physiol. Biochem. 2018. V. 45(2). P. 844–855.
- Wang Z., Li Y., Zhou F., Piao Z., Hao J. β-elemene enhances anticancer bone neoplasms efficacy of paclitaxel through regulation of GPR124 in bone neoplasms cells // Oncol. Lett. 2018. V. 16(2). P. 2143–2150.
- Liu Z., Ren Y., Zhu F. Expression of MMP-2 and TIMP-3 with incidence and prognosis of giant-cell tumor of the bone // Oncol. Lett. 2018. V. 16(1). P. 721–726.
- Tsai C.H., Yang D.Y., Lin C.Y., Chen T.M., Tang C.H., Huang Y.L. Sphingosine-1-phosphate suppresses chondrosarcoma metasta-sis by upregulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 3 through suppressing miR-101 expression // Mol. Oncol. 2017. V. 11(10). P. 1380–1398.
- Yao M., Wang X., Zhao Y., Wang X., Gao F. Expression of MMPs is dependent on the activity of mitogen-activated protein kinase in chondrosarcoma // Mol. Med. Rep. 2017. V. 15(2). P. 915–921.
- Kushlinskij N.E., Solov'ev YU.N., Babkina I.V., Gershtejn E.S., Bulycheva I.V. Matriksnye metalloproteinazy 2, 7, 9 i tkanevoj ingibitor matriksnyh metalloproteinaz 1-go tipa v syvorotke krovi bol'nyh opuholyami kostej // Byulleten' eksperimental'noj biologii i mediciny. 2010. № 2. S. 194–196.