M.V. Petrov – Post-graduate Student, ITMO University (Saint Petersburg); Junior Research Scientist, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of RAS
A.M. Kashevnik – Ph.D.(Eng.), Senior Research Scientist, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of RAS
A gamification approach has often been taken in the field of human resources management recently. This approach allows increasing motivation and improving the efficiency and productivity of employees without significant company costs. Also, the competency management technology is widely used, and it provides efficient use of the employees and organizations strengths. The combination of the gamification approach and competency management technology expands the possibilities of both approaches, increasing the employees motivation and ensuring the most competent experts participation in projects. The models described in this paper use these approaches to increase the efficiency of human resource management in joint problem solving.
The paper describes the mathematical and conceptual models of the human resources management system. These models are used for the automated personnel distribution to projects, which cover various professional competencies. The use of these models in the competency management system has shown their effectiveness and applicability.
The use of these models allowed formalizing not only the individual employees’ skills, but also their achievements and strengths. In addition, the gamification approach used will effectively motivate employees personally, without significant costs for the company.
- Muscalu E., Muntean S. Aspects Regarding Human Resources Management Streamlining within National and International Organizations. Procedia Economics and Finance. 2014. V. 16. P. 173−181.
- Rusu G., Avasilcăi S., Huţu C. Organizational Context Factors Influencing Employee Performance Appraisal: A Research Framework. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2016. V. 221. P. 57−65.
- Vardarlıer P. Strategic Approach to Human Resources Management During Crisis. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2016. V. 235. P. 463−472.
- Friedrich J., Becker M., Kramer F., Wirth M., Schneider M. Incentive design and gamification for knowledge management. Journal of Business Research. 2019.
- Ferreira A., Araújo A., Fernandes S., Miguel I. Gamification in the Workplace: A Systematic Literature Review. WorldCIST 2017: Recent Advances in Information Systems and Technologies. 2017. V. 571. P. 283−292.
- Seaborn K., Fels D. Gamification in theory and action: A survey. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. 2015. V. 74. P. 14−31.
- Stepanenko V.A., Kashevnik A.M., Gurtov A.V. Kontekstno-orientirovannoe upravlenie kompetentsiyami v ekspertnykh setyakh. Trudy SPIIRAN. 2018. № 4(59). S. 164−191. (In Russian).
- Petrov M., Kashevnik A., Stepanenko V. Competence-Based Method of Human Community Forming in Expert Network for Joint Task Solving. Digital Transformation and Global Society. 2018. V. 858. P. 24−38.