A.A. Boldyrev – Post-graduate Student, MESC «Zhukovsky–Gagarin Air Force Academy» (Voronezh)
A.A. Bubenschikov – Ph.D.(Eng.), Lecturer, MESC «Zhukovsky–Gagarin Air Force Academy» (Voronezh)
An analysis of the known literature shows that the main goal of radio monitoring is to provide administrative management functions using the radio frequency spectrum. In this regard, the primary goal of radio monitoring means in the interests of achieving its main goal is to analyze the radio-electronic situation (RES) in a given territorial area. An analysis of various sources shows that under modern conditions, radio monitoring means operate in a complex signal-to-noise environment, characterized by the presence of radiation of electronic devices (RED) for various purposes, high-frequency industrial, medical and scientific installations, sources of industrial interference. In this regard, in a complex signal-to-noise environment, the signal-to-noise ratio (interference) at the input of panoramic receivers of radio monitoring means can be significantly less than a predetermined value determined by its sensitivity and required values of detection quality indicators.
The purpose of the work is to propose a comprehensive indicator for evaluating the effectiveness of RES analysis by means of radio monitoring, which takes into account from a system point of view the requirements for means of radio monitoring according to the probabilistic characteristics of detection, spatial accessibility to RED and the reliability of the results of analysis of RES.
It is shown that: 1) the operation of radio monitoring equipment in a complex signal-to-noise environment, expressed in a decrease in the signal-to-noise ratio (noise) at the input of a panoramic receiver, leads both to a decrease in the detection range of the RES signals with a given probability, and to a decrease the reliability of the results of the RES analysis in the controlled territorial region due to a decrease in the number of detected real RED and an increase in the number of «false» ones; 2) the presence at the input of a panoramic receiver of a means of radio monitoring of interference leads to a significant decrease in the probability of detection of a signal controlled by a RED, which, for example, with a typical threshold signal-to-noise ratio of 3, is not less than 3.5 times, which causes a decrease in the reliability indicator by more than 2 times; 3) the required value of the reliability indicator will be provided only if the signal-to-noise (noise) ratio at the receiver input is not less than 1.8 times higher than the initial threshold value equal to 3. In this case, the detection range of the RED signals with the required reliability is no more than 18 km, which is 1.3 times less than the initial range of 24 km and corresponding to a threshold sensitivity value of 3.
The analysis showed that at the planning stage of radio monitoring measures, in order to reduce the influence of a set of interferences of various kinds, radio monitoring means need to take this influence into account when choosing the deployment sites, and during the implementation of measures, apply organizational and technical measures of interference protection. In addition, it is necessary to search for technical solutions aimed at improving the noise immunity of radio monitoring equipment.
- Rembovskiy A.M., Ashikhmin A.V., Koz’min V.A. Radiomonitoring: zadachi, metody, sredstva. Pod red. A.M. Rembovskogo. M.: Goryachaya liniya – Telekom. 2006. 492 s. (In Russian).
- Rembovskiy A.M., Ashikhmin A.V., Koz’min V.A. Avtomatizirovannye sistemy radiokontrolya i ikh komponenty. Pod red. A.M. Rembovskogo. M.: Goryachaya liniya – Telekom. 2017. 424 s. (In Russian).
- Michael R. Frater, Michael Ryan Electronic warfare for the digitized battlefield. P. cm. (Artech House information warfare library). 2001.
- Kuzovenkov A.N., Kizima S.V. Kontseptsiya razvitiya sistemy radiokontrolya za izlucheniyami radioelektronnykh sredstv. M.: Goryachaya liniya – Telekom. 2009. 56 s. (In Russian).
- Tikhonov V.I. Optimal’nyy priem signalov. M.: Radio i svyaz’. 1983. 320 s. (In Russian).
- Kupriyanov A.I., Sakharov A.V. Teoreticheskie osnovy radioelektronnoy bor’by: Ucheb. posobie. M.: Vuzovskaya kniga. 2007. 356 s. (In Russian).
- Levin B.R. Teoreticheskie osnovy statisticheskoy radiotekhniki. Izd. 3-e, pererab. i dop. M.: Radio i svyaz’. 1989. 656 s. (In Russian).
- Radzievskiy V.G., Sirota A.A. Teoreticheskie osnovy radioelektronnoy razvedki. Izd. 2-e, ispr. i dop. M.: Radiotekhnika. 2004. 432 s. (In Russian).
- Venttsel’ E.S. Teoriya veroyatnostey. M.: Nauka. 1969. 576 s. (In Russian).
- Bronshteyn I.N., Semendyaev K.A. Spravochnik po matematike dlya inzhenerov i uchashchikhsya VTUZov. M.: Nauka. 1980. 976 s. (In Russian).
- Trifonov A.P., Kostylev V.I. Energeticheskoe obnaruzhenie uzkopolosnykh signalov na fone shuma neizvestnoy intensivnosti. Izvestiya VUZov. Ser. «Radiofizika». 2002. T. XLV. № 6. S. 538−547. (In Russian).
- Cherenkova E.L., Chernyshev O.V. Rasprostranenie radiovoln. Uchebnik dlya vuzov svyazi. M.: Radio i svyaz’. 1984. 272 s. (In Russian).
- Dolukhanov M.P. Rasprostranenie radiovoln. Uchebnik dlya vuzov. M.: Svyaz’. 1972. (In Russian).